Wednesday 24 June 2015

Rough legged Buzzard ?

Anton sent me his latest installment of photos from the camera I gave him last year. It's always a little exciting looking through them to see if he has photographed anything good. Anyway a few nice photos of the Turtle Dove he found and a brief Black Redstart were nice but the best were the last two photos he took on the card. While walking around the lake he saw a Buzzard on a post and took a picture to record the date. When he went around for a closer look the bird had vanished and was not seen again. Fortunately he kept the photo...

It appears to show a Rough legged Buzzard.  It might be another first for Tory but something is telling me on was claimed a few years ago in October, I am not sure if the record was submitted or accepted by the Rare Bird Committee.

I'm not sure given the quality of the photo if Common Buzzard can be ruled out given there variable plumage. Comments welcome. .



1 comment:

  1. The post is wonderful and your blog is really nice. I like your post more.thesis service provide

    ReplyDelete