Sunday 10 May 2015

Paul Lynch 9,10th May


Hi Peter
I made it to Tory but it turned out to be a short visit. I had to work Saturday morning so the early boat was out of the question and this morning I got a couple of hours birding in before the weather closed in. With strong southerly winds I didn't want to take a chance on the last boat not running so I took the 10:30. 
Thanks for your help, my list of sightings is below. I spoke to Anthony and he said to say hello. 
I had a Corncrake calling in Magheroarty in a field near the east car park. A local saw me looking into the field and came down wanting to know why I was photographing the land! Something to do with the NPWS apparently.

Mute Swan
Canada Goose!!
Greylag
Wigeon (one on Lough Ahooey)
Mallard
Tufted Duck
Pheasant
Fulmar
Gannet
Cormorant
Shag
possible Merlin north of West Town, but only got a glimpse
Peregrine
Corncrake, 3 West town and at least two in East town
Oystercatcher
Golden Plover
Lapwing
Ringed plover
Whimbrel12 
Dunlin
Redshank
Snipe
Razorbill
Guillemot
Black-headed Gull
Common Gull
Lesser black-backed Gull
Great black-backed Gull
Herring Gull
Collard Dove
Chough
Hooded Crow
Raven
Skylark
Swallow
Chiffchaff
Wren
Starling
Wheatear
Tree Sparrow
Pied wagtail
White Wagtail
Meadow Pipit
Rock Pipit

Regards Paul

1 comment: