Sunday 18 May 2014

Chris Ingram. Last week...

Buzzard and Merlin where the only birds of note..Anton had 2/3 little Terns....
Around the east beach there were possibly 10 or so birds (swallows)which included a Sand Martin (my first on Tory I think) and didn't appear to be the breeding birds.  Around the lighthouse were similar numbers and included a House Martin. The resident summer birds are usually milling around the houses so I assumed they were passage birds.
I looked at Anton's photos and he has a superb one of a single WWB Tern.  Another more distant photo could have been any tern and you would have to enlarge it to check.  He said he had others but not the two birds together although he said they were both the same.  I'm peeved I didn't see them!!!
The big ferry is back in service.  I had a coffee in the Bunbeg coffee shop and she told me she knew you.

No comments:

Post a Comment