Sunday 11 March 2012

My first visit

From the ferry looking back to Donegal


Tory Island


Harbour at West Town


West Town



Looking west




Me


Lighthouse. West End


The inspiration


The painting


 The Club








Eastern Cliffs


I just came across these photos while looking through my computer hard drive. My wife Olivia and I made our first visit to Tory a few years ago.Possibly 2006! It was her idea. She wanted some inspiration for a painting and settled on some of the islands tractors as a subject. I was delighted to tag along as it was September and the best place in Ireland to see Lapland Bunting, a localised autumn migrant. I met two birders on the way over on the boat, Wilton Farrelly and Derek Charles. It was the first time I had met them both together and at the time they were Tory regulars. I think last year was the first time they had not made the trip in a long time. Anyway I was very greatful for that chance meeting as they found and showed me a group of 5 Lapland Bunting which were a new bird for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment